16th July 2015, Geophysics for Critical Infrastructure.
Venue: The British Geological Survey, Keyworth
The Engineering Group (EGGS) and Near-Surface Geophysics Group (NSGG) of the Geological Society and the British Geological Survey (BGS) are jointly organising this 1-day meeting aimed at industry professionals involved in geophysical investigations for critical infrastructure projects (onshore and offshore), including past or potential future end-users of geophysics (non-specialists).
- Bring together industry and research professionals from the geophysical, geotechnical and civil engineering sectors to foster a better understanding of mutual needs and expectations
- Highlight geophysical case studies and best practice in critical infrastructure investigations
- Disscuss implications for near-surface geophysics of the forthcoming revision to BS5930 (2015)
The Final Programme can be downloaded (PDF file)
The Annual General Meeting of the Engineering Group will be held from 1-2pm
*** Registration deadline - Thursday 9th July 2015 ***Some delegate spaces still available
Please note that online registration is required for all delegates: https://bgs.eventhq.co.uk/geophysics-for-critical-infrastructure. Registration fees are: £35 standard delegates, £25 GeolSoc Fellows, £15 students/concessions. Lunch and refreshments are included.
Directions to Keyworth: http://www.bgs.ac.uk/contacts/sites/keyworth/home.html.
Helen Reeves, EGGS (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Oliver Kuras, NSGG (email@example.com)
11th - 12th February 2016 - Integrated Imaging of the Earth
It is our great pleasure to invite you to the Geological Society of London to participate in the annual British Geophysical Association - New Advances in Geophysics 2016 (BGA - NAG 2016) conference on 11th - 12th February 2016 on "Integrated Imaging of the Earth". This event will bring together researchers, students and the industry. The conference is marked by prominent invited speakers who will share their expertise and provide insights into the recent advances in Geophysics.
We are inviting prominent speakers in the field to give keynote presentations. At the moment we have confirmations from:
- Aria Abubakar, Schlumberger - "Joint inversion in hydrocarbon exploration"
- Javier Fullea, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies - "Integrated geophysical-petrological modelling of the upper mantle using terrestrial and satellite data"
- Niklas Linde, University of Lausanne - "On the value of multiple data types and conceptual geological knowledge in hydrogeophysical inversion"
More information can be found at the workshop webpage - http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/geology/news/new-advances-in-geophysics-2016
Registration and abstract submission will open early September.
The organizing committee:
- Max Moorkamp
- Marta Perez-Gussinye
- Jenny Collier
Advance notice of meetings in 2016
13th January 2016. Venue: Burlington House, London. Meeting title: TBA
May 2016. Research in Progress, The Geological Survey, Keyworth
December 2016. Advances in Archaeological Geophysics. Venue: Burlington House.