The following UK masters degree courses offer a high content of near surface geophysics. This list may not be definitive as courses change on a year by year time frame and anyone hoping to follow a post graduate degree course in near surface geophysics should conduct their own research into what courses are available and their content.
- Imperial College (Royal School of Mines) – MSci Geophysics
- Keele University – MSc in Geoscience Research
- Leeds University – MSc Exploration Geophysics
- Southampton University – MRes Marine Geology and Geophysics
- University of Aberdeen – MSc Geophysics
- University of Birmingham – BSc Applied Geophysics
- University of Bradford – Archaeological Prospection
- University of Bristol – BSc and MSc Geophysics
- University College London – MSc Geophysical Hazards
- University of Liverpool – BSc Geophysics
- University of Manchester – Earth and Planetary Sciences
The following are four year undergraduate Masters courses that have a high content of near surface geophysics:
- Keele University – MGeoscience Includes geophysics modules and a geophysics field course in the final year
- University of Leicester – MGeol Geology with Geophysics
If any course directors feel their own course should be included in this list, please contact the NSGG chairman via the contacts page.